David Wm WragePO Box 345 Athens, Ohio 45701
I am a dual-national: French & American (USA). As such, I am able to work in both the USA, France, and any other country that is part of the European Union without the need of a work visa (in most cases). I am very familiar with France due to having family and studied there. I have also studied or traveled in Germany & Austria and maintain ties to friends there. Although up until today I have been more familiar with my French roots (mom’s side), I do want to get to know my American roots (dad’s side) too.
I have 2 dogs and a cat. I own way too many cars, but they are my hobby and rarely are more than any 2 of them road-worthy.
I completed (on time) my MLIS at Kent State University in May of 2011. I have an affinity for cataloging and have taken additional classes beyond the minimum required hours.
Having grown up in Athens, Ohio, I am quite fond of southeastern Ohio and its laid-back charm. I hope to find work in a library in the area after graduation which will allow me to continue living here. It is not mandatory that I remain here, just hoping to.
- Kent State University – Spring 2011 – Masters in Library & Information Science
- Ohio University – 1994 – BA in French with a Minor in German
- Athens City Schools – 1984 – High School Diploma, National Honor Society of Secondary Schools
Thanks to my parents work with Ohio University’s Study Abroad Program, I was able to study in various parts of the French school system throughout my adolescent years. In July of 1978, I spent several weeks in Hanover, Germany (At that time, West Germany) studying German at an early age. During my high school years, I took part in the Summer Scholar Program at Ohio University, during which I was able to take and receive credit for college courses during the Summer of 1983. In the Spring of 1985, I participated in the study abroad program in Tours, France. During the Spring of 1987, I was able to study in the Austrian study abroad program in Salzburg, Austria.
- (Current) Orange Energy Consultants, LLP – Title Agent – August 2011 – Currently working as an Independent Contractor for them with their Ohio office.
- (Volunteer) Meigs County District Public Library, Pomeroy, Ohio – Volunteer – March 2011 – Currently donating time whenever I can to help out the library district that gave me the opportunity to complete my internship/practicum requirements for my MLIS degree. During my practicum (January & February 2011), I cataloged various materials and worked independently on cataloging various websites that may be of interest to their patrons.
- ICF Building Products, Millfield, Ohio – Laborer – March 2008 – Worked on the construction of high capacity water storage systems.
- Richland Auto Parts, Athens, Ohio – Counterman (Salesperson) – August 2003 – Sold various car parts to local shops & individuals. Eventually was placed in charge of the daily order receiving.
- Athens, Ohio – August 1993 – Worked as a sales clerk, computer tech, & eventually became the assistant manager of a local business. Was eventually put in charge of upgrading the computer systems in the company throughout all their stores which was the original reason for my hiring. The name of the business is not given due to differences with the company.
- C & E Hardware, Athens, Ohio – Cashier, Salesman, Data Entry – December 1989 – Hired as cashier & later given responsibilities in stocking certain areas of the store. Took care of the weekly order submission and receiving. Was also responsible for moving the computer operations & network from one locale to another.
- Ohio University, Athens, Ohio – Student Programming Advisor, Alden ISL – July 1987 – Assisted fellow students with programming questions and in the use of a variety of software packages offered on various computer platforms (Apple II, Macintosh, IBM PC & compatibles). This was a student job offered through P.A.C.E.
I also currently consult in the installation and the use of various software packages within the local community. I have taught and continue to assist many retired professors on how to use the web, update their computers, and otherwise make their co-existence with modern computer tools more friendly. I soon hope to expand into helping local businesses in developing and/or maintaining web-pages for their products.
- British Cars – MGs, Triumphs, & Jaguars.
- Reading Books.
- Travel in Europe.
- French Impressionist Painting, especially Monet, Degas, & Cezanne.
- Romanesque, Gothic, & Renaissance Architecture, in particular as it relates to France.
- Just relaxing & doing nothing.